Professional works can be very challenging at times. You may land yourself in a position where there is no bed at all and you’re heavily falling asleep. However, the unfortunate way of sleeping in an office chair might help you. But if you don’t know how to make this situation comfortable, you may end up with no sleep at all.
There is always a way even to make your sleep on a chair comfortable. By gathering a few accessories like pillows and blankets you can slightly tweak your sleep to a comfortable level. Here is a quick look out on what you must do to sleep on a chair for many nights! So, let’s begin with our guide on how to sleep in a chair.
You’re obviously looking to have a comfortable environment while you wish to go to sleep. But making arrangements of all equipment should be your first priority.
Usually most people do sleep outright when they are in a chair. But it’s up to you to make comfortable bedding for yourself. Obviously, you cannot sleep on your chair keeping bare back open. You’ll require a few things to make your sleep comfortable. Here are some of them which you can look forward to having.
1. You’ll always require a comfortable chair. Having a bigger space will make your body feel free and comfortable to use as well. Avoid small chairs that sit too tight on your body. But first decide how you will sleep -upright or just sideways.
2. Grab a few pillows. You need to prepare bedding for yourself before you go on to sleep. Without bedding you will never be able to sleep comfortably at all.
3. Get yourself covered with some fine cloth according to the temperature outside. If it is extremely hot, get yourself a fine cloth or else you can go for a blanket.
What Should You Do To Make Your Body Sleep?
Without proper preparations you may not be able to sleep properly at all. Your body may be way too tired, but after every 15-20 minutes, you’ll wake up because of the atmosphere. Here are a few things that you need to do to make yourself comfortable to sleep.
1. You cannot sleep while being stressed out. You need to make your body completely relaxed and also fruitful to sleep. Doing a few basic yoga or small exercises will release melatonin from your body. It is a hormone responsible for sleep. Do not over stress yourself to get such results.
2. Try to keep your feet at a comfortable level. In case you are sleeping in chair upright, your foot might not touch the floor. It will obviously be a bit troublesome to have such ambience. Try to keep a short stool just below your feet to make sure that you get a proper balance.
3. Remember to void any type of digital contacts. You may like to scroll through your phone before going to sleep, but this will only keep you awake. Staying away from such digital screens should be your first priority.
4. A comfortable drink is what all it takes to make you sleep again. Probably the most common drink of all will be a cup of tea. Tea contains L-Theanine which is an amino acid. It helps to balance mood and gets you a comfortable sleep.
How To Make A Comfortable Ambience For You To Sleep?
Making it comfortable for sleep should be the first thing that gets into your mind. But without a proper ambience this will not be possible at all. Here are a few things that you need to do to make this room entirely comfortable for you.
1. Get rid of all lights. If you have bright lights turned on in your room, it’s time that you switch them off immediately. Pt on window curtains to make your room darker.
If you feel uncomfortable, place a low power LED light on a wall that’s away from you. If you are still facing some problems because of more light, you can take the help of a sleep mask.
2. Apart from getting it dark you should make the ambience quiet as well. Switch off all noise making electronic items so that you can sleep peacefully. If you close windows, you’ll automatically reduce a lot more noise coming from outside.
3. Make your temperature comfortable. If you have an air conditioner running, preset it to a comfortable temperature and then place it on low power settings mode. Low power settings will always provide less noise and make it comfortable to sleep as well.
Finally, How To Get To Sleep?
After you have taken all preparations, it’s now time to go for sleep. Here are a few things that you need to do to get to sleep on your chair.
1. Change your clothes and get some regular wear on. Try to put on some light clothes which will make you comfortable to sleep. Your joint muscles should be free and must have flexibility in case you change positions completely.
2. Now take up an initial position for you to sleep. Prepare yourself for sleeping in upright position or for lateral sleep and you can place your pillows accordingly. To add with this, try to get a neck rest pillow. It will prevent you from falling off.
3. Simply close your eyes and then try a relaxed breathing technique. It is a quick hack to get to your sleep underway and make yourself comfortable with this. Methods such as 4-7-8 breathing techniques are a good way to get rid of stress and anxiety. It will make you fall asleep.
4. Slightly adjust your chair. Try a bit pushing your chair to make it seem like a bed even if it is not. If you are sleeping in recliner, place your chair against the wall and then recline slightly. It will allow you to stretch your body and make things fairly comfortable for you.
Before you go to complete sleep, you must always remember that it will take time to adjust yourself. Under any condition, you may not feel to have a deep sleep straight away. Taking care of precautions such as a neck pillow and adjusting your chair against the wall will prevent you from falling off.
If you meditate properly and keep yourself relieved of stress, you’re bound to have a comfortable sleep under any condition. Do let us know about your first experience in sleeping on chair. Also, mention in the comments if we have missed out something on how to sleep in a chair.