Hemorrhoids refer to the presence of swollen veins inside the rectum or anus. In simple terms, we all know this syndrome as piles. Many people think it’s a common disease and will get away by consuming two or three medicines.
It’s the first big mistake that people make. Another mistake is sitting in the wrong positions and uncomfortably, which results in tremendous discomfort and unbearable pain.
Hemorrhoids are prevalent, and it may happen to everyone because of bowel movement, obesity, and even more vulnerable women during pregnancy.
You can’t sleep every time, but having a comfortable sitting posture should be your top priority. Without any further ado, let’s get started.
What Are The Symptoms Of Hemorrhoids?
There are two basic types of Hemorrhoids, which you may seem commonly in between people. These two types refer to both internal and external hemorrhoids.
- Internal Hemorrhoids are swollen veins that are located just around your rectum. Since it is located around the rectum area, you may feel some painless bleeding.
- For external hemorrhoids, swollen veins tend to develop just under the skin. This may cause severe pain and discomfort. Even you may also experience a blood clot.
Some of the symptoms may include severe bleeding and itching all over the lower bottom region of your body. While you are trying to sit, it may always be uncomfortable as well.
How To Sit Comfortably With Hemorrhoids?
Method 1: Adjusting Your Position [Best Way to Sit on Toilet]
- The first thing that you need to do is to adjust your position properly. Whenever you are squatting down for your seat, it is important to maintain a proper sitting posture.
- Without a proper sitting posture, you will start feeling pain in your lower abdominal zone or even around your knee joints.
- The best way to sit properly in a toilet should be with your knees against your abdomen. This will always create a better internal alignment. As a result, it becomes more comfortable for a bowel movement, which relieves you from the pain.
- However, if squatting all the way down is becoming more difficult for you, do not force this. Refrain immediately from such exercises and start normally sitting again.
Method 2: Using Cushions To Sit
- The next thing that you need to do is to start to sing cushions again. Soft cushion pads generally help you to get a comfortable time to sit properly. Sitting on a hard surface is the biggest challenge that you may face while you are carrying hemorrhoids.
- It is better to purchase some hemorrhoid cushions and then keep yourself comfortable. You might face some itching down the abdominal region, and this is why allowing soft cotton cushion specially made for piles should be purchased.
- If possible, try to buy one with a donut style as it will be more helpful to free up your anal region. Try to avoid any rubber cushions, and it may cause skin issues while you are sitting.
- Slow Rebound Memory Foam
- Instant Relief From: Hemorrhoids, hip bursitis, broken tailbone, herniated discs, bed sores, anal...
Last update on 2023-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Method 3: Protect Your Back
- Only sitting properly will not help you to get rid of the tremendous pain. In fact, you must protect your back portion as well. When you have piles, it is more likely to increase your body temperature by a fair margin.
- This will also keep increasing your sweat and make your clothes filled with moisture. In such a situation, this could get worse.
- The only thing that you can do is to keep your back cool and dry. Try to wear loose-fitting clothes which are also made up of materials like cotton. Carry a damp cloth to wipe your back as soon as you start sweating again.
- Choosing the right clothing will always give you a bit of relief from the unbearable pain that you are facing.
Method 4: Donut Cushion
One of the best ways by which you can get some relief is by using a Donut Seat Cushion. This type of cushion is designed with hollow surface at the base which will provide a great result. This will help you in elevating the buttocks while you are sitting.
You can prevent a direct contact with any flat surface which will provide you with great results. This will help you to get an easy access to sharp a throbbing pain which will impact the affected area.
Method 5: Towel Roll
A quick and easy alternative that you can use is a Towel Roll with the help of foam wedge and sit on it. It is better to add two different foam wedges which will provide a good result. It offers you a relief from pain as well. Even if you have piles, the right thing to do will be to use such a design for better results.
Method 6: Avoid Long Sittings
Everyone knows that you cannot sit for too long if you are using a toilet seat. Try to reduce the time span and then get the best results with this. Make sure that you can get small result with this. Long sitting sessions can always cause a chronic pain in your buttocks.
Method 7: Legs Elevated
One of the best ways by which you can get a good result is by keeping the legs elevated. You must make sure that keeping the legs on the floor will put in an extra strain. If you are not too tall, the best option will be to keep it elevated. You can alternatively think about adding a footrest under the desk which will provide a good result.
What To Avoid While Having Hemorrhoids?
- Try to avoid direct lifting of heavy objects. It is never easy to lift out heavy objects while bending backward and front. This will only increase piles.
- Never sit for a long time, even if you have a full working routine. Try to give gaps while you are sitting. Long and continuous sitting posture could never be a good relief.
- One of the most common mistakes that everyone makes is to ignore symptoms of diarrhea. Do you know that even ignoring such acts could worsen your health?
- Poor hygiene is another reason why you are not getting quick relief. Even if you are too much busy with work, it is always important to maintain proper hygiene. Be clean and keep your surroundings lean as well.
- Having Haemorrhoids will force you to go through a stressful phase. The unbearable pain could worsen up your health. Try to remain calm as much as you can to not have any anxiety issues.
Sitting for long hours leads to a number of problems related to our back, one of which is piriformis syndrome. If you are suffering from that as well or to prevent it you can have a look at this article.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Q1. Is it bad if you have hemorrhoids?
A1. No, it is not, and this will never be as bad as most people portray. Most people do think that having hemorrhoids will not be curable. However, surveys worldwide say that at least 50% of the people at age 50 have experienced hemorrhoids. Regular exercising, controlling your weight, and having a proper diet will relieve hemorrhoids.
Q2. Do external hemorrhoids go away?
A2. Yes, they do. External hemorrhoids will not be visible while you are trying to sit properly. It is also something that you would not want to have because of the unbearable pain and relentless bleeding. Taking steps to reduce the pain should be the top priority for everyone. It does get away naturally with few medications, and also with a change in diet can be fruitful enough.
Q3. What foods worsen hemorrhoids?
A3. Although a doctor can share it, sure that foods casing more diarrhea symptoms could worsen the chances of having piles. Try to avoid any frozen foods or packed foods and consume more fiber. Some common foods that you may avoid must include fast foods, red meat, and processed foods.
Q4. Is sitting or standing better for hemorrhoids?
A4. The honest answer is that both sitting and standing can cause some pain. However, sitting for long hours may cause you more pain because of the strains. It can be thus considered that standing is a bit better.
Q5. Does sitting on hard surfaces cause hemorrhoids?
A5. Yes it does. If you sit on hard surfaces, it will directly affect your buttocks. As a result of this, you might even feel more pain in your buttocks. Sitting on hard surfaces is considered as a big no from doctors.
Q6. Does prolonged sitting cause hemorrhoids?
A6. When it comes to prolonged sitting, a lot of people consider this as a form of diarhhea. However, such cases might often consider in leading to hemorrhoids as well. This might be a possibility and you need to consider this as well.
Q7. Best sleeping position for external hemorrhoids?
A7. The reason why hemorrhoids are a big problem is because it causes anal discomfort. A lot of people do suggest that sleeping on your stomach might be the best option if you are suffering from hemorrhoids.
Q8. How to lay when you have hemorrhoids?
A8. If you are suffering from hemorrhoids, it cannot be treated instantly. However, an over-the-counter cream can provide you a bit of relief while you are suffering from hemorrhoids. Make sure that it does not have any side effects for your works.
Q9. Does squatting cause hemorrhoids?
A9. Doctors do recommend a specific set of exercises for patients who are suffering with hemorrhoids. However, doing squats is not included in this. This is mainly because squats may increase the pressure within the anus and cause bigger hemorrhoids problem.
Q10. Is it ok to exercise with hemorrhoids?
A10. It is always good to exercise when you have hemorrhoids. Doing regular exercises will give you some relief from the chronic pain. However, it is also important to have a look at the recommended exercises for hemorrhoids. Doing exercises without recommendation will only increase the pain.
How to Sit With Hemorrhoids? [Conclusion]
Only consuming tablets may temporarily reduce hemorrhoids from your body. But it may again come back to haunt you.
A little change in your diet with high-fire could prove to be very useful. Even when you are sitting with hemorrhoids, try to get yourself on a soft surface.
Make sure that you are not overstressing and always keep your mind diverted from this pain.
If you are bleeding too much, consult a doctor immediately and never leave it unattended.
- How To Sit In A Kneeling Chair?: An Easy And Simple Guide 
- Best Sitting Position For Scoliosis: How To Sit Comfortably With Scoliosis? [May 2023]
- How To Sit With A Fractured Vertebrae? A Detailed Guide [May 2023 Updated]
- How To Stop Bum Hurting When Sitting? [6 Effective Treatments in 2023]
- How To Solve X Rocker Chair Sound Problems? [6 Quick-Fixes]
- How To Remove Hair From Chair Wheels? [The Correct And Easy Way] 
I am an Interior Designer and founder of MyComfortHaven.com. Love for ergonomics and content creation made me pivot my career from interior designing to writing.
I like to write compelling, well-researched, and unique content about how commonplace things like chairs can greatly impact pain relief and productivity.