Are you getting tired because of the stinking smell coming out from the chair? If it is damp and moist, it can create a lot of problems for you. If this is an office chair and you smell the stink, it must be cleaned automatically.
We use office chairs daily, so the chances of stinking are relatively high. This is why it becomes essential to clean the smelling chair and the stink. You can take the help of this complete guide below to get accurate results.
Why Do Office Chair Smells After Sitting?
Office chairs getting stinky is a common problem. It happens regularly when they accumulate any bacteria or moisture. As a result of this stinky smell, the office chair might provide an acidic odour or a horrible smell.
The main reason behind this is too much moisture. This happens primarily because of sweat or even during the rainy season. The formation of mould and mildew could be a common cause, and you must keep the chair dry.
How To Get Smell Out Of Chair?
If you want to clean the office chair, you must first identify the smell’s source. It could either come from the carpet or even through the AC duct. Once you are sure about the source, you can go ahead.
To clean it, you can take the help of professional cleaning services which will provide an instant result. Regular cleaning maintenance could be the key to removing all types of germs.
DIY and Natural Methods to Remove Office Chair Smell
1. Baking Soda
One of the best ways by which you can remove the stinks and odors from the chair stinks can get it by Baking Soda.
It is a proper solution that helps you get easy and quick cleaning for your chair. Baking Soda acts as a dry cleaning agent when you apply essential oils with this. The Baking Soda can quickly draw out fabrics.
- The first thing that you need to do is to sprinkle the baking soda on your chair. Make sure you make an even layer of soda and focus on the seating area more.
- The next step is to allow the baking soda to sit on the cover. Make sure that it stays on for at least 20 minutes so that t can start to de-odorize the smell.
- The following key thing that you need to do is to vacuum up the seat. You must use a cleaner or dust it off to get the right results.
2. Wet Vacuum Method
One of the best things you can do to remove the odor is to use a Wet Vacuum Method. This is typically the vacuum cleaner’s wet part, allowing you to get the right-leaning done. This method is highly effective for deep cleaning your office chair deep.
- The first thing that you need to do is to scrub down the chair with this liquid soap. It would help if you ensured that the soap was compatible with the fabric.
- Make sure you scrub gently on the vacuum method, allowing you to get the right results. It would help if you kept an eye on the scrub, so it remains on the corners and edges.
- The next thing that you need to do is to use the Wet Vacuum Method. Turn on the vacuum cleaner. The goal is to suction the moisture out of the chair easily.
- Once done, you will have to rinse the fabric, and then you will be able to suction the cloth until the chair feels damp. You can air dry the area under direct sunlight to get the proper cleaning.
One of the most traditional ways by which you can clean the odor from the chair is with Vinegar. It is one of the most potent ways to put-off odor.
However, it helps to deodorize the fabrics. However, the smell of vinegar will help you to overpower the smell which has been present in the water.
- The first thing that you do is to fill up the bottle with half of the Vinegar. Pout the remaining half of the bottle with distilled vinegar. Some other alternative will be apple cider vinegar.
- The next thing that you need to do is to look for a good shake. Seal the bottle, and you must spray the vinegar according to the necessity.
- Now you will have to spray the vinegar on the chair’s surface, allowing you to get the right results. You can now let it soak for a long time.
- Not it will be the time to rinse the chair and make it work well. You can allow the chair to dry for a long time in the open air. You will be able to use the vinegar smell to replace it.
4. Vodka Spray
Even if this might sound a bit different, using Vodka Spray might be an excellent result for you. The option of using Vodka Spray as a token will completely clean the spray in just a few minutes. It allows you to neutralise the odour in just a few minutes.
- The one thing that you need to do is to use vodka. Even if you do not use an expensive one, you can easily use a cheap vodka replacement.
- The next thing you need to do is pour it into a bottle. You will have to spray this thoroughly on the surface of the chair. As a result, you will be able to work on this.
- Before you apply the Vodka Spray, make sure that it has at least a 70% concentration level, which will allow you to get the correct result. You’ve to leave the chair under direct sunlight, providing a complete result.
If none of these above mentioned methods give you expected results then you can try cleaning the chair. Don’t worry we have got you covered, here is another article on cleaning a cloth office chair. It has some other ideas to get the chair clean and fresh.
How To Keep Your Office Chair Smelling Clean?
Cleaning your office chair can be done in multiple ways. However, maintaining it will take your time and both your effort. It is essential to keep the chair clean, allowing you to get a good environment.
- It is essential to wipe off any food or spills from the chair. Make sure to do this immediately before the spills sit on the fabric.
- One of the best ways to keep it clean is to keep the chair away from moisture. Do not place it directly under the AC duct.
- Smoking inside the room may attract the fabric of your chair. It is always mentioned not to smoke in the room.
- Sanitising is another vital step which you need to take. Make sure that you sanitise it daily, which will keep it clean.
- Another thing that you can do is to air out your chair. This will keep any chemical smells out from the chair.
Chair Smells After Sitting: Conclusion
If your chair is clean, you will have better productivity at work. However, it is also essential to keep in mind that regular cleaning is required, which will allow your chair to smell fresh every time you sit on it.
Make sure that you take good care of the fabric while cleaning. If you cannot use the materials mentioned above, opt for a professional to do the job.
- Understanding Herman Miller Aeron Weight Limit [A Rare Guide] [2023 August]
- Can You Get Scoliosis From Bad Posture? A Comprehensive Analysis [2023 Updated]
- Can Scoliosis Cause Hip Pain? Everything You Need To Know [2023 June]
- Best Sitting Position For Scoliosis: How To Sit Comfortably With Scoliosis? [May 2023]
- Can Scoliosis Cause Sciatica? A Complete Examination [2023 Updated]
I am an Interior Designer and founder of MyComfortHaven.com. Love for ergonomics and content creation made me pivot my career from interior designing to writing.
I like to write compelling, well-researched, and unique content about how commonplace things like chairs can greatly impact pain relief and productivity.